Friday 6 April 2018

Things Happen in Threes, Right?

Current

Newsflash! Guess what? I'm a winner again. Well not quite the winner of the grand prize but a pretty good category winner all the same. Yeehaa!

You'll recall I won an ipad a few months ago? Well just before Easter I received an email from MetService (NZ's official weather forecaster) to say that I had won a prize in their recent 'Weather Photo' competition (this link is to their Facebook page announcing the winners). I was tickled pink that one of my photos had been chosen and it was a huge surprise as there were quite a number of entries and some amazing photos.

Obviously it helps that I love taking weather shots and also because of our travel, I'm able to shoot photos from all over the country. I entered several in the general weather category and, just because I'm the Queen of Sunrises (and sunsets), a few more in the Sunrise/Sunset category.

Which is how I won a $1000 Resene voucher in the 'Resene Colourful sunrise/sunset category' with this photo of sunrise at Hinahina Reserve in the Catlins. 



The grand prize of $1000 of travel would have been a lot easier to spend, not that I'm ungrateful at all, I just found it quite ironic given that we have no fixed abode. How the heck am I going to spend a thousand bucks on paint? 

Mind you $1000 of travel is a bit funny too- as if I don't spend nearly every day travelling. So, if you see the flashiest 5th-wheeler in the west passing by you'll know it's us. Seriously though, they do have interior furnishings so maybe the inside of the van is going to get a make-over.

So now I'm off to buy a Lotto. Things happen in threes, right?




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, well done indeed.
    Jenny and Robin, Romany Rambler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, absolutely well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie