Wednesday 18 February 2015

Fly Fishing

A few last photos from Kuripapango- David fly fishing the beautiful Ngaruroro River.




As you can see the water is a beautiful green colour and very clear. It makes it hard to fish as they see you coming, but David did manage to catch a few fish but they were all ‘catch & release’. As much as I wanted to have at least one trout for dinner, I was happy they were returned, they deserved to survive after escaping the masses at Waitangi weekend.


From the lookout at the Cameron Carpark, looking down the river towards the DOC camp which is up high around that last bend.


Farewell Kuripapango, we had a wonderful two weeks enjoying the solitude (which was most days even with all those people passing by) and getting back to nature.


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie