Friday 24 May 2013

Autumn in the Park


While staying with Mum & Dad in Napier during Dad's recuperation from heart surgery I was able to pop in a couple of visits to nearby Anderson Park & it's multiple ponds where I had heard that there was a rare white heron ( Maori name- kotuku) in residence. Due to it being duck shooting season the ponds were afloat with great numbers & many species of water fowl.

Black Swans
Resident Geese
 
"Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears"
 
Some of the hybrid ducks that live on the ponds.
I was lucky enough to find not one but two white herons (kotukus) resting near the ponds & I managed to get some great shots.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message, I love reading them! All comments are personally moderated by me and I will post and answer them as soon as possible, Shellie